Users of SAP Business ByDesign are supported by their system when it comes to making all their Intrastat declarations for Great Britain and Northern Ireland in the aftermath of Brexit.
Here is a reminder of the new regulations from the UK government;
What are the requirements for Intrastat declarations from 1 January 2021?
If you are currently a registered Intrastat business or in the coming year you exceed the Intrastat exemption threshold, which is £1,500,000 for EU imports (arrivals) and/or £250,000 for EU exports (dispatches), then you must submit Intrastat declarations in 2021 for the following movement of goods:
- Goods imported into Great Britain (GB) from the European Union (EU)
- Goods imported into Northern Ireland (NI) from the EU
- Goods exported from NI to the EU
You do not have to submit Intrastat declarations for goods exported from GB to the EU.
For how long will Intrastat declarations still be required?
HMRC will still require businesses to provide Intrastat declarations for:
- Goods imported into GB from the EU for the whole of 2021
- Goods imported into NI from the EU and goods exported from NI to the EU for the lifetime of the Northern Ireland Protocol. This will be a minimum of 4 years.
Users of SAP Business ByDesign are supported by the software in making all their Intrastat declarations for Great Britain and Northern Ireland post Brexit.
More on VAT on the movement of goods between Northern Ireland and the EU